SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
God's Promise

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

WHAT HAPPENED TO JANUARY?

What happened to January? Here I was at the first of the month paying bills and looking forward to the rest of the bowl games, etc., and all of a sudden it is February and I am back to paying bills. Time really has a way of slipping by fast and I can’t help but think that God is speeding things up for the Saint’s sake. And even though all you hear about is the recession and the hard times, it is still nice to know that God is in control and if you put your trust in Him, you will come out okay. That does not mean that you are exempt from the world and all its challenges, but it does mean that He will see you through whatever happens.

Those of you who have read my blog for a while know that last year I was given a prognosis of having three to twelve months more to live. Now I am in the ninth month of that time period and except for fluid in my abdomen and my lungs, there are not any other signs of deterioration that we can tell.

On December 31st I had about 2 ½ liters of fluid drained from my abdomen (before this it was usually 4 to 5 liters about every 8 weeks) and on January 29th had 4 liters drained from my left lung. Was scheduled to have the other lung drained the next day, but PTL, they said there was hardly any fluid in my right lung so did not have to go back the next day. Then, on Thursday, Feb 5th, went to see the Doctor. Once again everything looked and sounded good and do not have to back until March 26th.

As I said before, I am now in my ninth month since the initial prognosis and I know that it is the love and prayers of my family and friends that have been sustaining me during this time. And I know God is working in me to heal me completely. To Him be all the glory and honor.

I cannot tell you it has been easy, but again knowing they are all there for me, and that I do not have to fight this alone has made such a difference. They may never know how much, but God does, and He will bless them for it. I know I am not the only one who is facing battles and my love and prayers go out to them all every day, and even though I do not know any specifics, God does, and I trust He is working in their lives just as He is in mine. I do not think I could have come this far without them for there were times when I did want to give up, but just knowing they were all there for me kept me going and I cannot help but remember what the Word says about the prayers of a righteous man availing much. So I praise Him for His Word – and for bringing them all into my life.

Last year I was given a picture of Jesus holding the Bible in His hand and extending it out toward His people and every time I see it I am reminded that He has given us His Word that we might know how to live the abundant life He has for us. Everything that you would ever need to know is contained in it. He gives us instructions, He answers all our questions, and so much more. It is a constant source of information, of comfort, of exhortation, of praise, and a reminder of all His promises. Yes, we have problems and go through trials and tribulations, but He is always there to take us THROUGH them. But it is up to you whether you will let Him or not. He does not force you to do anything you do not want to do, but He does give you the opportunity to accept Him and when you do, He is always there for you. He will love you and guide you and take you by the hand that you will never be alone.

I pray that each and every one of you who reads this will know Him and follow Him.


FOLLOW THE KING

When you learn to follow the King
How truly blessed you’ll be
For He will take you by the hand
And guide you constantly

But you must listen to His voice
And willingly obey
To receive the many blessings
That He wants to convey

The blessing of His presence
Wherever you may go
The blessing of His wisdom
To help you learn and grow

That you might walk in confidence
Whatever He might ask
Because He’s well equipped you
To handle any task

Wherever He might lead you
His presence you will know
Whether on a mountaintop
Or valley deep below

Knowing as you follow Him
He’ll keep you in His care
For you’ve surrendered to Him
And now you are His heir

Kay Smith Crouch

No comments: