SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
God's Promise

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS

What a wonderful Thanksgiving I had with my wonderful family. We were all there and we probably ate more than we should have, but it was all SO GOOD.

Also received an early Christmas present when Barbie took all the girls (Cathie, Angela and me) to see the Radio City Rockettes at the Grand Old Opry House in Nashville on Friday. It was a spectacular performance, but the final scene when they portrayed the Nativity and sang with it, was the very best part of the program. When they started singing the “Halleluiah Chorus” almost everyone stood and even joined in. It was a most emotional moment and we all went out with a glad feeling because we all know the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Of course all good things come to an end, and on Saturday, after sharing a wonderful breakfast, Cathie, Tim and I headed home for Memphis. And as much as I enjoyed spending 10 days there, it was good to get home, too.

Now I am working on Christmas projects, including a Christmas letter and cards, plus getting gifts together for wrapping, etc. At this time of the year there is never a dull moment.

When I think of all the blessings I have received, not only over Thanksgiving, but also throughout the entire year, I am so very thankful. I am thankful for the wonderful family God gave me, for the wonderful friends, and most of all that He has chosen us to be part of His family.

Hope you had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as I did.

No comments: