SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
God's Promise

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS

Only two more days until Thanksgiving and I will be with my children and grandchildren as we celebrate this wonderful holiday together in Clarksville. It is a time when we remember all the things we have to be thankful about, and there are so many, but will only share a few.

First of all, I am so very thankful for the wonderful family I have, with two super daughters; two great sons-in-laws (that I call sons); two fabulous grandchildren that I was fortunate to see grow up into such wonderful adults; and a neat grandson-in law (which I call grandson). I know that legally they are “in-laws” but in my heart they ALL belong to me and I am grateful that God brought them into my family.

And then I am thankful for the wonderful Spiritual family He has given me. I have brothers and sisters all over the US, as well as in Ireland, England, India, Peru, Chile, and Australia that I hold dear to my heart. And even though we may not have seen one another for a while, it is nice to know that we have a relationship that will never end.

Of course I am thankful that I, and my family, live here in America where we enjoy the freedoms we do. I’m not saying our country is perfect, but it is ours and even more important, it is God’s.

My dad, my brother, two cousins, and myself are all veterans and I thank God that those who saw foreign action came home safely. Now have a great-nephew who is serving in the Navy. When I think of him, and all the other husbands, fathers, sons, and brothers who are serving our country, I am grateful for their sacrifices.

Received an e-mail this morning that contained a good idea and want to pass it along to any of you who might be interested in doing this.

When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these
wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.

Mail to:
A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

Isn’t that a wonderful idea? I think it is and intend to send at least one, if not more. Hope each one who reads this will do the same. Feel it is the least we can do for those who gave so much for us. Don’t you?

It is my prayer that each of you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving, and I leave you with the following poem. Please feel free to share it with your family and friends if you so desire.


THANK YOU, HEAVENLY FATHER

Thank You Heavenly Father
For every thing you do
For every thing You give us
For letting us love You

You’ve given us so very much
We don’t know where to start
Our lives – our very beings
Your love within our heart

The wisdom of Your Holy Word
Which opened up the door
To the promise of salvation
And life forevermore

The Son You gave so freely
The Life, the Truth, the Way
The Spirit that’s within us
Who guides our steps each day

And even when we miss the mark
You always understand
Reaching out to keep us
In the hollow of Your hand

So thank You, Lord, for everything
And may we always be
Ready and willing to serve you
Throughout eternity

Kay Smith Crouch

No comments: